Monday, May 9, 2011

Don't Laugh At Me!!

I never been bullied by my friends or classmates. Actually i can tell that i am one of the friendliest guys around at school. Err just kidding! haha I used to be a shy guy but not a nerdy or geeky one. I don't know but I am the type of guy who will not start a discussion unless they approach me that's why most of my friends and classmates thought that i am a snobbish guy and so most of them preferred not to approach me LOL.
But once we became friends, that's the time that they will discover my real personality behind that snobbish appearance hahaha. I am a joker actually and my family at home are so aware with that. I love cracking jokes in front my my family and i love making myself funny. However, i tend not to show that exact me in front of my classmates because i am afraid that I might annoyed them or offend them with my jokes so i used to keep silent whenever i'm with them.
But i can tell you guys now that it was something i am regretting about. I wish i could turn those times back again and show them the real me. I lived a life with full of lies, trying to please everyone in order not to hate me and now, i feel like keeping that standard for the rest of my life.
I am not a good adviser here but i can tell you guys that no body in this world is perfect and you do not have to please everyone just to accept you.
Be you and let everyone see the worst of you whether it's your physical appearance or attitude and let them accept you that way. If they can't accept you at your worst then they don't deserve you at your best!
I am about to share you an Alanis Morissette song but since i am really sentimental today haha i want to share you this very inspiring song from Mark Wills entitled
Don't Laugh At Me

I want to share you the lyrics as well and see how deep is this song.

I'm a little boy with glasses
The one they call the geek
A little girl who never smiles
'Cause I've got braces on my teeth
And I know how it feels
To cry myself to sleep

I'm that kid on every playground
Who's always chosen last
A single teenage mother
Tryin' to overcome my past
You don't have to be my friend
But is it too much to ask

Don't laugh at me
Don't call me names
Don't get your pleasure from my pain
In God's eyes we're all the same
Someday we'll all have perfect wings
Don't laugh at me

I'm the cripple on the corner
You've passed me on the street
And I wouldn't be out here beggin'
If I had enough to eat
And don't think I don't notice
That our eyes never meet

I lost my wife and little boy when
Someone cross that yellow line
The day we laid them in the ground
Is the day I lost my mind
And right now I'm down to holdin'
This little cardboard sign...so

Don't laugh at me
Don't call me names
Don't get your pleasure from my pain
In God's eyes we're all the same
Someday we'll all have perfect wings
Don't laugh at me

I'm fat, I'm thin, I'm short, I'm tall
I'm deaf, I'm blind, hey, aren't we all

Don't laugh at me
Don't call me names
Don't get your pleasure from my pain
In God's eyes we're all the same
Someday we'll all have perfect wings
Don't laugh at me

Hope you find this inspiring too.
Have a great day guys and happy blogging.

Come join Music Monday and share your songs with us. Rules are simple. Leave ONLY the ACTUAL LINK POST here and grab the code below and place it at your blog entry. You can grab this code at LadyJava's Lounge Please note these links are STRICTLY for Music Monday participants only. All others will be deleted without prejudice.

PS: Because of spamming purposes, the linky will be closed on Thursday of each week at midnight, Malaysian Time. Thank you!



Search This Blog






best blogger tips