Tuesday, February 5, 2013

PC Mark, Are You One of Us?

Whether you are a certified PC Gamer or an avid PC User who used to spend most of their time facing their computers, then you surely have this so called "PC Mark". As a blogger and sort of a gamer for almost six years, I am happy that I got this "certification" LOL. Are you one of us?
I am not really a hard core gamer but if I play something, I make sure to finish it up to the end. I am also a picky one and certainly not into action. I used to choose those role playing games or some horror survival as long as it follows a creative plot line (It is a MUST for me). I really don't care how poor the interface is as long as its good and has a highly commendable longevity, that would be fine. Ragnarok, FlyFF, Rose Online, Dragon Nest, Resident Evil series, Silent Hill, Left 4 Dead are few of that games that I adore. 
PC Mark is not only for gamers but for avid PC Users too. An online writer like me, for an instance, is required to work in front of my PC eight hours a day (excluding my time for Blogging, and Social Networking). Generally, I spend more than half of my day facing my computer so I guess it is not really surprising to get such mark right? 
Health wise, I came across an article stating that people who got this mark tend to have the so called "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome". It is not a fatal condition but it will somehow give you some sort of discomfortness that can lead to numbness, tingling, weakness, or muscle damage in the hand and fingers at some worst cases. If you want to know whether you have a CTS, feel free to try this so called "Phalen's Test" that I found online.

Put your elbow on the table as if you are about to have an arm wrestle (use the arm that hurts). Keep your arm and elbow in that position then flop your hand over. Leave it like that for ten minutes; if your finger and digits to the thumb side begin to tingle, it's likely carpal tunnel.

After doing such test, it seems that I really have one because my index finger begun to tingle. So what is the proper solution to get rid or to prevent yourself from having one? Take some simple Ibuprofen (if you are not asthmatic, and have not had any gastric bleeding problems) and stop using your computer for a couple of days
STOP USING YOUR COMPUTER???? Wait lemme search for another way.......
..........
.........
........
........
Maybe I could use a Wrist Rest Keyboard or Mouse pad right? Whew.. what a relief.....
So How about you guys? Have a PC Mark too? 

Search This Blog






best blogger tips