Monday, March 1, 2010

What is Country Song?

Until now, I'm still don't know how to define "Country Songs", I can't even tell a song if it's a country or not. It is hard to compare Country songs from all other music genres. According to Wikipedia, Country Music is a blend of popular musical forms originally found in the Southern United States and the Appalachian Mountains. It has roots in traditional folk music, Celtic music, gospel music and old-time music and evolved rapidly in the 1920s. Still, I'm confused. I thought Country songs are those narrative songs and a name or names of person should be involved. Just like Taylor Swift's "Teardrops on my Guitar" where she mentioned a boy named "Drew". Most of the country songs have name(s) in their titles like Dolly Parton's "Jolene", Conway Twitty's "Don't Cry Joni" and Barry Manilow's "Mandy". This gave me an idea for my music blog "Song To Remember" to feature and to list down popular songs with name(s) in the titles. "Song To Remember presents Name It!" will start tomorrow, March 3, until the last day of the month. I will feature more than one song a day, so i hope you can catch up with that. I usually send updates through facebook. I hope you'll enjoy it. Just visit me here
(This post is a part of my "Blog Swap" portion)

By the way, speaking of "Blog Swap", have you seen my side bar already? I changed my Ads Corner to Blog Swap Corner. This is a part of my blog's reinvention where in i'll try to minimize ad banners and put useful information instead.
Have a great day everyone. Happy Blogging!

Search This Blog






best blogger tips