Nilagang Baka or Beef Stew is one of my favorite Filipino Dish. Nilaga is actually an Easy-to-prepare dish since you just have to boiled all the ingredients together.
Here's how you prepare Nilagang Baka. (Instructions taken from the web)
You can also use Chicken or Pork as a substitute for Beef. Okay.. I think I'll ignore my diet for awhile LOL.
- In a big casserole, heat oil and sauté the garlic and onions.
- Add water, the beef, black pepper and patis. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour or until the beef is tender.
- Add the potatoes. Continue to simmer until potatoes are cooked.
- Add the cabbage then the pechay. Do not over cook the vegetables. You can also add other veggies like straw beans, young corn or Jungle banana (saba)
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve steaming hot in a bowl and plain white rice.