Monday, April 28, 2008

INTERESTING BLOG OF THE MONTH (APRIL 2008)


Photobucket

hooray here we are again in my most beloved portion....its IBOTM time

and im so very excited to introduce this two great blogs

they are one of my favorites

but then you might want to recap those "interesting blog of the month award" holders

this would be my finale for this month of april and for the theme classic

and you heard it right "classic"

these two blogs are sure to be related to "classic" and no regrets...if you would visit their blogs you willl feel that you turned back into that old era

these two blogs are from different field of classicality one is from music industry and the other one is from the movie/entertainment field

iam proud to introduce to you this two wonderful blogs....
as the

INTERESTING BLOG OF THE MONTH APRIL 2008


OLD TIME GREATEST STARS
by allison


Photobucket


*****THE INTERVIEW*****


Photobucketwill you kindly share to us whats your blog all about?

***********************

SONDAN

Photobucket
I love oldies music and listen to it all the time. I have a minimal
 hour commute to and from work daily so
music soothes my soul during that "defensive driving" time. The music
 from the late fifties through the early seventies is what I grew up on
 and is, by far, my favorite.
 

ALLISON
Photobucket
My blog is about all old time stars that ever graced the silverscreen,some of these include stars like "Judy Garland" "Frank Sinatra" and many more.

Photobucketi know how impressive your concept in your blog was .how this started anyway?


*******************************

PhotobucketMy work life wasn't going as planned and frankly I was quite

 depressed about it. I guess I was having the proverbial mid-life career crisis
 when I got downsized.
Music was my source of solace: it makes me feel good and brings back
 memories of happier times. I put that together with my new blogging hobby
 that I was using to self-medicate my depression and "Old School Music
 Lover" was born.


PhotobucketThis came about when I abit younger & started watching some of these old films,I then decided when I got my computer to do a blog on Doris Day, but then deciced this wasn't enough just concentrating on one star so I thought I would do this blog & have a wider choice on all the great old icons out there.



Photobucketi know that all of your posts was great .do you consider one of them
 as your most favorite or the most classical?
************************


PhotobucketNo I can't pick any single favorites. My love of the music is very
 eclectic in terms of genre as I think you can tell from the songs I have
selected over the course of the past eight months



Photobucket
Doris Day is most deffinetly my most favourite classic icon,although she is not on this blog I have another blog just on her.


Photobucketwhat was your target reader?

*********************


PhotobucketAnyone and everyone. I particular thought that perhaps the "Boomers"
 would like to share their thoughts on this great music and perhaps
 turn me onto some music I wasn't familiar with of the era.  And more
 importantly, I felt that Generation X needed to hear what REAL MUSIC was all
 about since the majority of the new popular stuff sucks IMHO.


Photobucketwhat was the word "classic" for you? is everything
old are considerable classic
*********************

Photobucket
I would consider classic as a perfect and/or early example of a particular style,or an artistic work of lasting worth.



Photobucketwe are now in the modern era¦.and its almost predominated by modern
 styles and fashion¦ and mostly all those classic things are
 forgotten by the modern generation¦ what can you say about this?
PhotobucketHow interesting that you should ask that BlueD. I have a second blog in
 which I address this issue. I started a companion blog to OSML
 entitled "Everything Old Is New Again". That is where I specifically discuss
 some of the great classics/oldies from the 20th Century, that are being
 recorded again in the 21st Century. When music is good -  good artists
 will find it and realize it's greatness. Stop by and check it out at
 http://everythingoldisnew.wordpress.com.
 

PhotobucketApart from the nostalgia of looking backwards So many movies these days are technically brilliant but ultimately quite hollow - I think its down to massively movie literate but life-ignorant film makers continually referencing old movies,consciously or unconsciously.Their interpretations of characters and situations are from their knowledge of movies (or other forms of art),not from life itself.One thing so many of the great old film makers had was experience of life.Many became film makers relatively late in life some came from the arts,others had very tough lives before starting to make films


************************************

Thank you so much sondan and allison for giving me a chance to interview you and permitting me to introduce your blogs in my INTERESTING BLOG OF THE MONTH APRIL 2008

its an honor to have both of you

"oldies are not bad afterall....they are fantastic....sometimes it is wonderful to turn back those times....and we must remember that those music and movies of the present time willl never be that good without its foundation...without its inspiration and without the pioneers from the past era or generation."

and as amatter of appreciation ...sondan and allison please do take this "excellent site award" from the bottom of my heart




my award for IBOTM

because you sites are certifiedPhotobucket


this is me BLUEDREAMER...

together with sondan of OLD SCHOOL MUSIC LOVER

and allison of OLD TIME GREATEST STARS

BREAKING THE BOUNDARIES!!!!!!

you might want to visit their sites here:

OLD SCHOOL MUSIC LOVER=== http://oldschoolmusiclover.wordpress.com/
OLDTIME GREATEST STARS=== http://oldclassicera.blogspot.com/

or join their community at Mybloglog here

OLD SCHOOL MUSIC LOVER=== here
OLD TIME GREATEST STARS=== here

Search This Blog






best blogger tips